Solo/Ensemble Fest (17th annual)
April 24, 2021 – This is a virtual event
REGISTRATION FOR THIS EVENT HAS CLOSED.
Afternoon virtual event; participants will have the option to perform live via Zoom or submit a video recording in advance of the event.
Graded repertoire examinations for all ages; participants can choose to enter the solo and/or ensemble category.
New for 2021: two ways to participate! All participants will be judged and receive comment sheets. All participants must prepare their division’s repertoire and scales. Accompaniment is not required this year, but please discuss your performance options with your teacher before applying. Playing along to a recorded accompaniment or backing track (e.g. Smart Music) is allowed.
- Video submission: send us your repertoire recording by April 17th. This is a good choice for people with performance anxiety and/or connectivity issues. Scale requirements will be announced on April 10th. You will receive digital comment sheets after the judges review your performance.
- “Live” virtual performance: join us on Zoom on April 24th to perform in real-time for our judges. This is a good choice if you prefer to perform directly for the judges and/or you have access to Zoom and a stable internet connection. You will speak with the judges directly, but will also receive a digital comment sheet after the event concludes. Judges will choose scales based on the requirements announced on April 10th.
IF YOU HAVE ALREADY REGISTERED:
Registrants should receive an email with instructions on how to participate. If you are submitting a video, you will receive a Dropbox link to submit your video. See video instructions below. If you are participating via Zoom, you will receive a Zoom invitation link, which will tell you what time you are performing. Please plan to “arrive” several minutes early so there is time to test your connection.
Video submissions: Recordings are due by April 17, 2021.
- All participants have been assigned a Scale, Etude, and have chosen a piece to submit. We ask that you name items with the following format:
FirstnameLastname-Scale; FirstnameLastname-Etude; FirstnameLastname-Piece
- Soloists: Make sure to center yourself in the frame so the judges can see both your face and your flute. If you can take a few steps away from your microphone, the sound may come out better.
- For Ensembles: Please use the above format but submit under the name of person uploading the files.
Please submit videos in one of the following formats:
Please do not submit files that are 4K video. We ask that you submit videos no higher quality than 1080p so files aren’t too large. If possible, keep each video file below 5 GB in size. The length and the recording quality with determine the overall size. If possible, also please use a connected microphone to your recording device. Using just the built in microphone from a laptop, mobile device, desktop or phone typically won’t provide high enough quality audio.
Online Registration Below – must be completed by March 15, 2021.
If you prefer to mail your registration, you can print this form.
Please contact coordinator Anne Dyke at email@example.com or 919-755-2267.